Hills Moving Oshawa Review
You have gone through your moving checklist and you still feel like there is something that you have left out – don’t worry, there often is. That is why we have taken the time to come up with a list of things that people who are moving often forget. At Hill Moving we are experts in helping families relocate to new homes and we have a lot of experience with all the details that go into a move. Make sure that you have forgotten to do the following:
• Make sure that you change the locks on all external doors. Lots of people have been in and out of your new home – the previous owner,realtors, prospective buyers, repairmen and possibly more. You don’t want to take any chances with break-ins.
• True, the last owner of the home may have cleaned the home after they left but you want to give it a once over before you move in. Get cleaning supplies, turn on the corner and clean every inch. If the walls aren’t painted you can take this time to give them a fresh coat. It is a great idea to clean your house before the move because there is no furniture to get in the way.
• Outfit your closets and cabinets for better storage. Older homes tend to have old cabinets and closets and these don’t make for efficient storage. You can get a carpenter in before the move to create more optimal storage spaces.
• You need to get all electrical equipment maintained before you move in. Have a serviceman come in and look at heating and cooling as well as the boiler and any other equipment that may be present.
• Make sure that you deck out your windows before you move in. It feels nicer to have new drapes in a new home so measure all windows, choose a fabric and have your curtains custom made. If you cannot afford custom made blinds there are plenty of ready-made options available.
• Plan to throw a housewarming party at least 2 or 3 weeks after you move in. There is no better way to get motivated to unpack those boxes than the anticipation of guests. Send the invites out as soon as you move in so that you can start work right away.
• Have an energy audit done – there could be old equipment that is sucking up too much power. You may find that an audit saves you up to 30% savings on utility bills.
• Safety is paramount in your new home, and you should go over it to make sure that you install new smoke detectors and get new fire extinguishers. Make sure that there are no points of weakness where intruders can come through, and make sure that the power alarm is functional. Check to see the response time for the security company.
If you have done all these things it is time to call Hills Moving. We are one of the most efficient moving companies in Ontario. You can find out more on our website, hillsmoving.ca/service-area/oshawa